People will get to explore the parachute tents in most of the villages on their way to the valley and this is why Markha Valley is also called Tea House Trek.The cold desert trekking area which offers beautiful views of Zanskar and Ladakh ranges have admirers from all over the world. You’ll come to explore the 21000 feet Kang Yissay as well as 20086 feet StokKangri peaks also while you embark on this trek.
Some of the beautiful attractions while on the way to Markha Valley trek route include Gandala La, Hemis National Park,andKongmaru La.
Another factor which makes the trek memorable is deep river crossing which helps the people to cross Markha River to reach trails to Buddhist villages as well as rock structures. The Valley is very close to Leh and the traveler who comes here can easily find their way to this place and go for trekking.
Markha Valley Trek Highlights
Markha Valley is one of the beautiful regions located in Ladakh with the streams and pure greenery in the surroundings. Use this chance to get lost in the secluded place and dive in the comfort offered by a valley.
The trek takes you to enjoy the beauty of Hemis National Park and also the two most essential passes namely Kongmaru La and Gandala La which are situated at the height of 15748 feet and 17060 feet respectively.
• The climatic conditions in the high altitudes might vary from plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to the high altitudes.
• Pay attention to the guidelines and instructions given by the trek leader or instructor to enjoy the safe and sound experience of trekking.
• Alcohol or any other intoxicated products consumption is prohibited at the time of trek.
• Avoid trekking at night time.
• Consult the doctor if you are unable to go for a trek.
• Make sure not to litter in the camp or local sites.